As a teacher and a leader, I am passionate about educating the whole child; ensuring our children develop a sense of empathy and understanding for others, a love for the arts, a rigorous academic understanding and – most importantly – are fully prepared for the world they will grow up in. The world our children will be living and working in will begin to look quite different from the one we ourselves were introduced to and we must ensure the education we provide meets those needs, including a meaningful understanding of technology alongside creativity. We have a responsibility to nurture an understanding of the wider world, the issues we face as a global community, how each and every one of us can make a difference and build a brighter future for generations to come.
We look forward to welcoming you to Tregolls School, please do come and have a look around.
Mrs Lara Jeffries, Headteacher
Following the killing of George Floyd and the ensuing global protests, we at Tregolls School, an Academy are issuing a statement that rejects racism in all forms, reflects on what we have done so far and looks to the future as to how we will do more.
As a school, and in support of the principles behind the Black Lives Matter movement, we recognise we have a role to play in sending a message that racism in all its forms can never be tolerated. Overt and covert racism exists and persists in society and we intend to play our part as best we can in changing this. To stand against racism means that all members of our community must be confident and bold enough to challenge racism and that we also continue to reflect on our own actions and behaviours.
· Do not tolerate racism
· Adopt and act on anti-racist policies that form part of our school rule of "Respect"
· Encourage all members of our community to discuss ways we can eradicate racism
· Promote listening, reasoned engagement, and positive action in response to injustice, while condemning aggression and violence in all its forms
· Are an Equal Opportunities employer and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment in our workplace
· Consider ways in which we can further educate our community so that its members are empowered to act against racism
· Engage further with those inside and beyond our community to understand their views and those of others on this topic
· Consider how we can amend our approach to further reflect our support for eradicating racial injustice
We ask all in our community to join us in challenging racism and holding ourselves and others to account. Our ethos of "Life Ready, Live Happy" and our one word school rule of "Respect" encompass all of the above aims and objectives.
We are reviewing our curriculum and I am working with the council on developing resources to support the teaching of Black history in Cornwall.
7th November, 2020
9th October, 2020
25th September, 2020
1st September, 2020
1st September, 2020
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American followers!
Can’t recommend highly enough . . .
Are you looking for an exciting new website for your school? Get in touch to see how we can help with your school's… https://t.co/ylWkZ323ge