Salary Range: L15 to L21 (£59,581-£69,031)
Responsible to: The Board of Governors
Responsible for: All staff and students within the school
The governors of Tregolls School - an Academy seek a dynamic, ambitious and innovative Headteacher to guide the school through the next exciting period of development and change.
A stand-alone academy in the beautiful cathedral city of Truro, Cornwall, it comprises a Nursery and Area Resource Base as well as two form entry from reception to Year 6. Completion of a large extension in 2017 took our capacity to 420 pupils. Currently the number on role is at 327 but Truro is a thriving city and the school is expected to reach capacity in the next few years.
The new Headteacher will build on and enhance present relationships with other schools whilst driving forward the reputation of the school to inspire stakeholders. The next Headteacher will have the full support of an active and supportive Board of Governors, a committed Senior Leadership Team and a dedicated staff body.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Lead our highly skilled teachers to further provide quality education for our children;
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders;
- Lead an inclusive culture that promotes excellence, equality and high expectations of all members of the school community;
- Have a track record of leading positive change, especially with children deemed disadvantaged;
- Provide broad and balanced opportunities to develop the whole child;
- Have the ability to manage growth and the responsibilities of an accounting officer in a stand-alone academy.
We can offer:
- The freedom that a stand-alone academy brings;
- A fully committed and enthusiastic team of staff;
- A board of governors who are passionate about making a difference;
- Links to The Penair Partnership of schools who work collectively to improve education across Truro.
- A unique wellbeing package that recognises the stresses of school leadership at this time.
At Tregolls we prepare our children to be Life Ready and support them to Live Happy. We are looking for a special person to make that Vision Statement a reality.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 1st November 2021
Interview dates: 15th and 16th November 2021
Start Date: 25th April 2022
Telephone: 01872 274020
We would expect and encourage potential applicants to visit Tregolls School An Academy. Please do not hesitate to contact Jodie Humphries to arrange the visit before the application deadline.
Please apply using the application form and return your completed form to:
Tregolls School An Academy
Chellew Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 1LH
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org