Head of School
Salary Range: L15 to L19
The governors, children, staff and parents of Tregolls School- An Academy are looking to appoint an exceptional Head of School who is committed to continuing the transformational journey this school has been on, ensuring that children reach their full potential. This journey is moving us into joining a Multi-Academy Trust, which we hope to complete before the successful candidate starts this role. We are currently working closely with Aspire Academy Trust who we expect to be our MAT before the end of the year.
The school has flourished since reopening as an academy in 2012. Pupil numbers continue to increase year on year. A state-of-the art £3.2 million, eight class extension was completed in 2017. This takes our capacity to 420 and provides our pupils and staff with amazing facilities to support their teaching and learning. The academy continues to raise and develop its profile and the governing body is fully involved in the school and provides a broad representation from the wider school community.
The new leader must share the vision of the governing body and be passionate about effecting change for all children. They will to need inspire staff to be the best they can be to improve the life chances of all our children. They will be an outstanding primary practitioner with proven experience. They are a team player with excellent interpersonal skills who is enthusiastic about engagement with all our varied stakeholders.
We are looking for somebody who:
- Has the ability to drive and inspire the highest standards of teaching and learning.
- Values the excellence already in place and has the vision to drive and create further successes.
- Can motive, inspire and empower staff to deliver challenging outcomes
- Has an approachable manner and can nurture and sustain positive relationships with our children, parents and local community, and is driven to secure the best outcomes for all.
- Is able to manage change effectively.
- Has a positive, honest and enthusiastic attitude as the school moves into its next phase.
- Is passionate about all children being challenged to achieve their potential.
- Is an excellent communicator who has the ability to build on, and enhance relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Has an understanding of, and belief in, the benefits of collaborating and working as part of a Multi-Academy Trust.
Tregolls is committed to ensuring that our pupils get the best possible start in life and we do this by preparing them for the modern world in an innovative and creative manner, through an inspiring curriculum and a wonderful journey. The school is ambitious for the future and you could be part of this driving force.
How to apply:
For more details, please see the Head of School Recruitment Pack.
Deadline for applications: 4pm on 22nd April 2022
Interview dates: TBC
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Telephone: 01872 274020
We would expect and encourage potential applicants to visit Tregolls School An Academy. Please do not hesitate to contact Jodie Humphries to arrange the visit before the application deadline.
Please apply using the application form and return your completed form to:
Tregolls School An Academy, Chellew Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 1LH
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org