Finance Officer – Tregolls School, an Academy
Salary: 20,562 to £22,520 FTE (£12,097 to £13,245 actual)
Part time, Monday – Friday 11.00 am – 4.00 pm (to be confirmed)
Term time, + inset days, + 5 days
Contract: Permanent with 6 month probationary period
Start Date: October 1st 2021
Closing Date: Thursday 2nd September
Interview date: Thursday 9th September
We are looking to appoint an experienced and dedicated Finance Officer to support the School Business Lead at Tregolls. Tregolls School, an Academy serves a rich and diverse community in the heart of Truro, Cornwall’s capital city. We provide an outstanding education, where children thrive in a caring, exciting, and inspirational learning environment.
“Come and be part of our incredible team! Tregolls provides enriching experiences for our children and an immensely rewarding experience for our whole staff. We care about each-other; we are committed to ensuring an excellent education for the children in our school and have grand plans for the future! Be a part of our next steps, join Tregolls School, an Academy’s fabulous and talented team!”
Lara Jeffries, Headteacher.
“I love coming into work every day, being amongst such an amazing bunch of children, who do everything with a massive smile on their faces”
Mrs. Butterly, Sports Teacher and leader
“Thank you for rebuilding the confidence in our little girl, she comes home smiling and full of all the exciting things she is doing at school every day!” Parent of KS1 pupil.
What do you need for this Finance Officer Role
To provide financial support to the School Business Lead, Headteacher, Governing Body and School staff through management of all aspects of school finance:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To provide finance support to the school business lead with the purpose of ensuring streamlined and efficient financial effectiveness.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To organise all the school’s finance-related work appropriately, ensuring timely completion of all tasks and adherence to the school financial policies and procedures.
2. To operate the school’s accounting system including order processing, accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliation and report generation, working in close liaison with the School Business Lead.
3. To handle the ordering, receipt and distribution of goods and to obtain information regarding costs and delivery of goods and services, adhering to agreed priorities and deadlines
4. To ensure the production and dispatch of cheque/BACS payments for all authorised invoices prior to their due date.
5. To be responsible for the issuing of petty cash / BACS payments for authorised claims ensuring receipts are obtained for all payments made. To monitor and reconcile the petty cash float and ensure its safekeeping at all times.
6. To be responsible for the production of school invoices relating to all school income generation and ensure the production and despatch of cheque payments for all authorised invoices prior to their due dates. To log details of payments and invoices are on the school’s financial accounting computer systems.
7. To manage the financial systems relating to charges for school lettings
8. To prepare all monies and cheques received by the school for banking, adhering to the school’s cash and accounts security procedures. To monitor all payments received from debtors on a regular basis.
9. To be responsible for receiving, checking and issuing of receipts for all payments made and monies received by the school. To maintain accurate records and reporting in Parentpay.
10. To be responsible for the maintenance of electronic and manual records including completion of VAT returns, reports and statistics as required by Finance, the LEA and/ or other third parties and to attend meeting where appropriate.
11. To be responsible for the finance offices full adherence to the schools security procedures, ensuring security of all monies and financial information at all times. To ensure all processes and work undertaken meets with the financial regulations and internal and external auditory processes.
Please follow link to school website for the application and equal opportunities forms. Email completed application to: