Tregolls School- An Academy is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic SENDCo to lead provision for SEND across the school. You will have the knowledge, vision, courage and personal qualities to build on the school's achievements and successes to move it forward in its next phase of development.
“Come and be part of our incredible team! Tregolls provides enriching experiences for our children and an immensely rewarding experience for our whole staff. We care about each-other; we are committed to ensuring an excellent education for the children in our school and have grand plans for the future! Be a part of our next steps, join Tregolls School, an Academy’s fabulous and talented team!” - Lara Jeffries, Headteacher.
“I love coming into work every day, being amongst such an amazing bunch of children, who do everything with a massive smile on their faces” - Mrs. Butterly, Sports Teacher and leader.
“Thank you for rebuilding the confidence in our little girl, she comes home smiling and full of all the exciting things she is doing at school every day!” - Parent of KS1 pupil.
You will be passionate about teaching and learning with the drive and commitment to ensure the best outcomes for all students, regardless of the barriers to their learning.
We have a total of 325 children in our school; 10 of which are based in our Area Resource Base. Children in the ARB access the mainstream where possible. You will support the class teachers; as well as being on the middle management team; in providing a safe and inspirational setting for all learners. Although this position is non-teaching, we would expect you to be a brilliant practitioner with the flexibility to go into the classroom if ever required.
You will demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for learning, providing advice, training and support for teaching and support staff to ensure that all students receive quality teaching. An essential part of this role is the effective liaison with staff, parents and outside agencies to fulfil the statutory requirements of the SENCo.
The successful candidate will:
• Work alongside the committed pastoral team at Tregolls to provide support for learning within our inclusive school.
• Be a qualified SENDCo.
• Be an outstanding teacher, passionate about children’s learning and welfare and with high expectations for all learners.
• Be an exemplary role model with strong leadership and organisational skills who can nurture and inspire, challenge and motivate both pupils and staff.
• Have both the desire and experience to ensure that our focus is on teaching and learning and will have a vision of how to help our SEND students to thrive.
• Work collaboratively with parents and other professionals to ensure an inclusive approach is adopted and students’ outcomes are the best they can be.
• You will be able to chair and lead on meetings with parents, professionals and external agencies.
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange an appointment and for further details on how to apply, please contact us on 01872 274020. The successful candidate would ideally start on Tuesday 14th April. However, we would consider applicants that may need a later start date in the summer term. This is a 0.8 permanent contract.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday 23rd February
Interviews: Wednesday 26th February