There is a vacancy in the kitchen for 20 hours per week, starting in September (2 Sept 2019). 6 month probationary period, subject to references. Closing date: 9am Friday 19 July.
To provide support in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages plus related catering duties. To act as the relief cook when required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist with the smooth running of the school kitchen and assist at catering functions.
- To maintain standards of cleanliness, safety and hygiene of the premises and equipment and to work within the guidelines of the Health and Safety and Hygiene Regulations.
- To assist in devising menus to ensure a variety of meals is offered in the school which caters for different dietary requirements as appropriate.
- To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages as directed by the Catering Manager/cook-in-Charge.
- To prepare the dining area to include moving and setting up tables and chairs, setting trolleys when required.
- To prepare the service area, hot cupboards and other equipment in the dining area to ensure food is served efficiently and in a hygienic environment.
- To load dishwashers and to wash dishes, cutlery, tumblers, jugs, serving utensils, containers, tables and all other catering equipment in the dining area.
- To clean on a daily basis all catering areas to standards laid down by the school as directed. To assist in cleaning up the dining areas, kitchens and catering equipment after the lunch periods, including cleaning and putting away tables and chairs, washing up/loading dishwashers, cleaning kitchen surfaces and kitchen equipment as required.
- To inform the Catering Manager of any defects in equipment, suspect food or other concerns relating to Food Safety.
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislation and procedures e.g. Council (Equal Opportunities Policy/Code of Conduct) and national legislation (Health and Safety, Data Protection).
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required.
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the School.
- To be aware of and work in accordance with the school’s child protection policies and procedures and to raise any concerns relating to such procedures which may noted during the course of duty.
For more details please contact Nic: email@example.com